As a marketing and public relations professional my mission in business is to lead, and be a valued asset to my clients. I believe that a company's public relations and marketing efforts should be authentic, integrated and measurable. I strive to be a catalyst for change and improvement, always seeking solutions that will provide far reaching results into the future. This requires a passion for continuous learning, collaboration and innovation, as well as an ability to communicate and share my vision effectively with clients and team members.
Current Position Highlights
For the past 20+ years, I have served as the co-founder and executive director of Maddox Marketing Group, Inc., a full service marketing and online media agency that concentrates on the integration of content, public relations, social media and search marketing into campaigns that deliver measurable results efficiently and effectively. In this role I am responsible for:
- The analysis, development, consensus building, and execution of strategic marketing/public relations plans, and creative platforms for client accounts.
- Managing multiple project tactics like online competitive analysis, keyword research, blog implementation, search optimization, link building and paid search marketing.
- Establishing and executing agency business development plan and participation on the pitch team.
- Managing staff, outside suppliers and vendors.
- Establishing, negotiating and adhering to client budget parameters.
Career category experience includes: Start-up/Early Stage companies, Manufacturing/Distribution, Entertainment/Communications, Health/Human Services, Specialty Foods/Hospitality, Financial/Professional Services, Economic/Community Development, and Non-Profit organizations.
Master's Internet Marketing, July 2011
Full Sail University, Winter Park, FL
- Class Salutatorian, GPA 3.96
- Selected as the recipient of the Advance Achiever Award by classmates and course directors.
- Received Course Director Awards for Internet Marketing & Search Engine Optimization, August 2010; Business Storytelling & Brand Development, October 2010; Advanced Internet Marketing & Search Engine Optimization, November 2010; Web Design and Usability, December 2010.
Bachelor's Journalism, November 1981
Ohio University, E.W. Scripps School of Journalism, Athens, OH
- Founding Member of GenerousCity, a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, dedicated to raising and donating funds to aid the families of terminally and chronically ill children in northeast Ohio, through an annual Aladdin Ball.
Member Akron Area YMCA 75th Anniversary & Triathlon Committees
Member, Marketing and Public Relations Chair, Summit County Truancy Task Force
- Chairman, Inventors Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony & Dinner
- Co-Chairman, Public & Media Relations Committee, First Night Akron
- Mayor’s Committee, Opening Day Ceremonies, Canal Park, Akron, Ohio
- Board Member, Marketing Committee, Akron Symphony Orchestra
- Board Member, Marketing and 25th Anniversary Committees, Victim Assistance Program.